Pharvaris is dedicated to pioneering science for patient choice, specifically bradykinin B2 receptor antagonists for hereditary angioedema (HAE) and other bradykinin-mediated diseases. It is a clinical-stage company with a portfolio of pre-commercial assets aimed at bringing new, more convenient options to HAE patients who suffer sudden and prolonged attacks of swelling in multiple areas of the body including the airway and can be life-threatening.
Headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, with hubs in the Greater Boston and Amsterdam areas, we have a culture built on the core values of caring, trust, diversity and freedom driven by individuals committed to developing breakthrough therapies that have real impact on people’s lives.
If you are looking for a place where your work can have meaning and you can make a difference – Pharvaris is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Contracts Manager to join our growing global Legal and Compliance (LECO) Team.
At Pharvaris we promote and enable a flexible hybrid work environment, where our employees choose from where (and to some extent when) they prefer to work. Given the nature of this role, we would like this position to be based in the US, preferably on the East Coast.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help build a critical capability in contract lifecycle management as Pharvaris scales the organization for Phase 3 development and ultimately commercialization. Reporting directly to the Chief Legal Officer (CLO), you will lead the implementation of a business-enabling contract lifecycle management program, partnering closely with Finance, R&D, Commercial, Human Resources and your LECO team members. You will work cross-functionally and internationally with operating units throughout our organization.
Key Characteristics of the Role (Objectives and Responsibilities)
- Identify, manage and implement process efficiencies and automation.
- Partner with IT to identify and pilot tools to enhance contracting processes, including the implementation of the Company’s first contract management software platform.
- Develop and maintain templates, standard clause libraries and contracting playbooks, including best practices.
- Partner with the LECO team to help standardize terms and improve contracting efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to maintain standardized contract approval processes and ensure contract management processes are integrated with budgeting and purchase order processes.
- Prepare, negotiate, review, and support various types of agreements typical of the life sciences industry including, but not limited to, preclinical and clinical supply agreements, quality agreements, contract research organization (CRO) agreements, consulting agreements, master service agreements, and confidential disclosure agreements.
- Serve as an internal resource and the lead LECO resource for contract-related matters.
- Independently coordinate requests from internal clients for various contracts and contract amendments with outside vendors and collaborators.
- Identify potential risk areas within contract drafts and proactively engage with other members of in-house legal team to seek resolution where appropriate.
- Provide education and training to internal clients.
- Assist on special projects, as needed.
- Actively demonstrate our core values and help build a strong company culture as we continue to grow and evolve the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with and influence stakeholders across the company.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, cross-functional environment.
- High-energy professional with demonstrated self-confidence, high integrity, and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion in handling sensitive legal matters.
- Desire to be a key part of a high-growth, early-stage life sciences company and desire to roll up your sleeves and help build what is needed.
Job Holder Requirements/Key competencies
- College degree and 5+ years of experience in contracts lifecycle management.
- Law degree from an ABA-accredited law school or equivalent degree earned in a non-US country a big plus.
- Must have life sciences experience.
- Must have previous experience implementing contract procedures, processes and contract management software.
- Prior in-house experience preferred.
- Project management skills preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and contract management IT platforms.
- Fluency in English (working language).