Senior Director Safety Pharmacology and Toxicology
Pharvaris, a clinical stage company developing bradykinin B2 receptor antagonists for bradykinin-mediated diseases, is seeking a highly motivated Senior Director Safety Pharmacology and Toxicology to join and help drive nonclinical discovery and development efforts.
This role is based in Europe, preferably Switzerland (Zug). Pharvaris supports its staff to be home based and work virtually.
Pharvaris is seeking a motivated and energetic individual with a scientific background to be part of the nonclinical team. The ideal candidate will lead the safety pharmacology and toxicology programs from the preclinical development stage through IND filing and clinical development to final submission.
Key requirements and qualifications
- PhD degree and postdoctoral training in life sciences (toxicology, biochemistry, pharmacology, molecular biology or equivalent).
- 6+ years of industry experience in non-clinical safety and toxicology studies.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, GLP regulations and ICH guidance.
- Experience in establishing, and managing effective relationships with CRO and other external partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills (English).
- Experienced and inspirational leader of highly dedicated and independently working scientists.
- Demonstrated record of team skills: comfortable in an interdisciplinary and international environment and able to communicate effectively and to collaborate in a team.
- Comfortable in a small company environment that is fast paced, challenging and where all leaders take on a hands-on approach to get results.
- Rigorous, quantitative and outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage workload independently. Excited and driven by science and the vision to improve disease management and patient care.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, oversight, and analysis of nonclinical safety programs to support discovery and development of drug candidates.
- With the support of a small team, manage the outsourcing, execution, and final reporting of designated nonclinical safety programs necessary to support the selection and timely development of potential drug candidates.
- Coordinate the study plans, amendments, study follow up, analysis, and timely derive the interpretation of the results and final reports.
- Responsible for budget planning of the safety programme.
- Communicate and present nonclinical safety updates to senior management.
- Manage development challenges through close interaction with medicinal chemistry, regulatory affairs, clinical pharmacology, and clinical team.
- Ensure quality standards are set and maintained over all areas of responsibility.
- For safety pharmacology and nonclinical safety, provide authorship and review of regulatory documents and provide leadership on verbal and written responses with health authorities.
How to apply
This leadership research position is within a highly collaborative and dynamic department that strives to achieve high quality and in-depth research. This role is based in Europe, preferably Switzerland (Zug), and reports to the Chief Early Development Officer. We offer talented scientists a great working environment, dedicated and driven co-workers, short lines of communications and an attractive compensation package.
Pharvaris – a clinical-stage and growing company focused on bringing an oral bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist to patients – is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and all-round Financial Controller to join and help driving financial processes and services to the group.
This position is within a highly collaborative and dynamic department that strives to achieve high quality and in-depth financial services to the entire group of entities. This role is based in the heart of biotech in Leiden, The Netherlands, and reports to the Finance Director. We offer a great working environment, dedicated and driven co-workers, short lines of communications and an attractive compensation package.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for:
- Compiling consolidated IFRS financial statements (which will be audited)
- Compiling the quarterly consolidated IFRS quarterly financial statements (which will be reviewed)
- Compiling the Dutch GAAP statutory financial statements for the three Dutch entities
- Coordinating the compilation of the US GAAP statutory financial statements for the US entity, and Swiss GAAP statutory financial statements for the Swiss entity.
- Reviewing the audit, tax and other adjustments relating to differences between IFRS, Dutch, Swiss and US GAAP.
- Monitoring and analysing actuals result of the Pharvaris Group, by performing monthly analyses on balance sheet specifications, P&L and cashflow forecast.
- Assisting in month end closing process, and review on payments
- Ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Facilitating internal and external audits, including but not limited to IFRS and local statutory financial statements, income tax and customs audits, and the related provisioning of required information.
- Supporting the finance function to become compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley and IFRS IASB reporting requirements and other requirements for possible next financing rounds
- Working close with, and second in command to the Finance Director.
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Accounting or Business Administration.
- Post-master’s degree is a pre.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in an international organization.
- Experience with Accounting Principles (IFRS, Dutch GAAP, US GAAP, Swiss GAAP) and procedures
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley regulations
- Affinity with Exact On-line and proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Fluency in business English (absolute must)
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail in planning, organization, and execution of tasks.
- Result oriented attitude and can-do mentality. High standards, self-starter.
- Clear and intelligent communicator and influencer
- Open-minded and creative problem solver who is punctual, takes ownership, and can deal with competing priorities and challenges.
If you are interested to be part of a great and dedicated team at Pharvaris, please send your full resume and application letter to our HR department, . If you need in-depth information about the role of Financial Accountant, Anna Nijdam, MSc, RA and Finance Director at Pharvaris is happy to answer your questions. Please email Anna at