Pharvaris is a clinical stage company developing bradykinin B2 receptor antagonists for bradykinin-mediated diseases, is seeking a highly motivated senior scientific leader to join and help drive our preclinical and nonclinical discovery efforts.
This role is based in Europe, Pharvaris supports its staff to be home based and work virtually.
The Senior Director of Preclinical and Nonclinical Development will join the Pharvaris team and will be responsible for planning and developing study outlines and protocols, as well as for the implementation and the operational and reporting phase of the preclinical and non-clinical studies. This role oversees data generation with Contract Research Organisations (CROs) and collaborators meeting the highest standards scientifically and ethically, to support regulatory dossiers for clinical trial applications. This position will work closely with and will report to the Chief Early Development Officer. In partnership with the Chief Early Development Officer this position is responsible for preclinical and nonclinical development activities.
Key requirements and qualifications
- PhD degree and postdoctoral training in life sciences (biochemistry, pharmacology, molecular biology).
- Typically, at least 10 years of industry experience in drug discovery and development.
- Experienced and inspirational leader of highly dedicated and independently working scientists.
- Contributed to successful transitions of drug candidates into clinical development.
- Experience as a successful leader in drug discovery and preclinical development.
- Expert understanding of regulatory requirements in drug development.
- Experience in selecting, establishing, and managing effective relationships with CRO and other external partners.
- High standard of integrity, ability to think strategically.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills (English).
- Good team skills: comfortable in an interdisciplinary and international environment and able to communicate effectively and to collaborate in a team.
- Comfortable in a small company environment that is fast paced, challenging and where all leaders must take on a hands-on approach to get results.
- Excited and driven by science and the vision to improve disease management and patient care.
- Ability to multi-task and manage workload independently.
- Ability to follow a highly professional and in-depth scientific approach
- Provides overall strategy and direction of preclinical and non-clinical studies.
- Designs clinical candidate development plan and oversee all activities and processes from preclinical to nonclinical and IND submission.
- Ensures the effective selection of preclinical development compounds and defines backup strategies.
- Manages the selection and outsourcing of preclinical and nonclinical studies to CROs.
- Manages development challenges through close interaction with medicinal chemistry, regulatory affairs, clinical pharmacology, and clinical team.
- Prepares and manages budgets.
- Ensures quality standards are set and maintained over all areas of responsibility.
- Reviews and validates study plans, amendments and reports, analysis, and interpretation of the results, with the CROs, direct management and external advisors
- Writes and reviews the preclinical part of the regulatory documents (IB)
How to apply
This leadership research position is within a highly collaborative and dynamic department that strives to achieve high quality and in-depth research. This role is based in Europe, and reports to the Chief Early Development Officer. We offer talented scientists a great working environment, dedicated and driven co-workers, short lines of communications and an attractive compensation package.
If you are interested to be part of a great and dedicated team at Pharvaris, please send your full resume and application letter to our HR department, . If you need in-depth information about this role, Anne Lesage, PhD, and Chief Early Development Officer at Pharvaris is happy to answer your questions. Please email Anne at