Pharvaris - a clinical-stage company focused on bringing an oral bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist to patients - is seeking a highly motivated Clinical Lead Data Manager to join and provide complete and consistent clinical data for statistical analysis following international standards defined by health authorities
This position is within a highly collaborative and international department that strives to achieve high quality and excellent results. This role may be based in the Boston area (MA USA), Zug (Switzerland) or in Leiden, the heart of biotech in The Netherlands and reports to the Chief Medical Officer, who is based in the USA. We offer talented staff a great working environment, dedicated and driven co-workers, short lines of communications and an attractive compensation package
Activities concerning the preparation of the processing of clinical data:
- Act as a Lead Data Manager on specific clinical trials
- Give input to the design of CRFs and databases according to the study protocols
- Review and approve (coordinate the sign off) the designed databases and CRFs according to SOPs and protocols
- Develop data entry and data review guidelines
- Test developed guidelines with the created databases
Activities concerning the validation of clinical data.
- Review and validate clinical data to ensure consistency, integrity and accuracy according to GCP/ICH and based on project-specific guidelines
- Query (by producing Data Correction Forms) investigators and clinical monitors regarding inconsistencies and errors in clinical data
- Process the information given by investigators/ clinical monitors and validate again until the quality of the data is optimal
- Coordinate database QC audit
- Coordinate database lock (QC, following checklist, coordinate with other staff)
- Discuss with central laboratories and/ or Contract Research Organizations (CROs) on the delivering of data
Education and experience
- Degree (BSc) in a scientific, preferably biomedical discipline
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in data management in CRO or pharmaceutical/biotech R&D
- Experience in international drug development in a multicultural environment
- Active knowledge of ClinTrial or a similar data management/database application
- Analytical approach
- Accuracy and an eye for detail working with clinical data
- Result-oriented attitude and can-do mentality
- Clear and intelligent communicator, both verbally in project teams and written in reporting. Fluent in scientific and business English.
Pharvaris - a clinical-stage company focused on bringing an oral bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist to patients - is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and all-round Financial Accountant to join and help drive financial processes and services to the group. We will start the relationship with a one-year contract with the intention to renew or convert to permanent.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for managing the general ledger accounting, leading month-end close and facilitating internal and external audits. In addition, you will perform accounting reviews and collaborate with HR to ensure timely and accurate monthly payroll in multiple countries. The Financial Accountant works closely with all areas of Finance to ensure accurate and timely reporting across our operations.
This position is within a highly collaborative and dynamic department that strives to achieve high quality and in-depth financial services to the group. This role is based in the heart of biotech in Leiden, The Netherlands, and reports to the Finance Director. We offer a great working environment, dedicated and driven co-workers, short lines of communications and an attractive compensation package.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
- Recording routine transactions.
- Manage the general ledger accounting activities by ensuring accuracy and timeliness of cut off, journal entry postings, reconciliations, and month-end close activities.
- Preparing payments and accounts payable bookings, disbursements, and cash flow requirement forecasts.
- Collaborate with HR and external payroll providers to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll and submission of social security and payroll tax returns.
- Facilitate internal and external audits, including but not limited to statutory, income tax and customs audits, and the related provisioning of required information.
- Identify and properly record audit, tax and other adjustments relating to differences between IFRS, Dutch, Swiss and US GAAP.
- Perform internal control validations to verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Partner with service providers to secure accurate and timely completion and overall tax compliance for VAT, and any other country specific local tax.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Economics.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in an international organization.
- A working knowledge of Accounting, and VAT, IFRS, Dutch, Swiss and US GAAP.
- Affinity with Exact On-line and proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Fluency in business English (absolute must)
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks.
- Result oriented attitude and can-do mentality.
- Clear and intelligent communicator
- Open-minded and creative problem solver who is punctual, takes ownership for your work, able to deal with competing priorities and challenges yourself.
If you are interested to be part of a great and dedicated team at Pharvaris, please send your full resume and application letter to our HR department, . If you need in-depth information about the role of Financial Accountant, Anna Nijdam, MSc, RA, and Finance Director at Pharvaris is happy to answer your questions. Please email Anna at