Head of Accounting
Pharvaris is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative therapies for rare diseases with significant unmet need, initially focused on angioedema. The company is internationally based and growing quickly. As a result of this growth, we are expanding our finance team and looking for a Head of Accounting in Leiden, the Netherlands.
Key Characteristics (Objectives and Responsibilities)
The Head of Accounting leads the financial accounting function (3 FTE) and is responsible for accounting, tax and treasury for all legal entities in the Group. The Head of Accounting currently reports to the Head of Finance and Principal Accounting Officer (who directly reports to the CEO) and works closely together with the Financial Controller, Financial Planning & Analysis specialist, Payroll Accountant and R&D Financial Operations specialist. The duties of this position include but are not limited to responsibility for overseeing the global (consolidated) financial accounting function, including our purchase to pay (AP), Record-to-Record (GL), payroll, share based payment, lease, and tax accounting (CIT and VAT).
- Develop and oversee the accounting function to ensure efficient and consistent daily operations as the organization grows.
- Evaluate, design, improve and implement processes and controls in line with Sox 404 to grow the accounting and finance function and safeguard the company.
- Provide expertise on the implementation of accounting policies and the accounting for complex transactions.
- Manage and coordinate the monthly closing process, including recording of transactions under IFRS and local GAAP (Dutch, Swiss and US GAAP) and consolidation of all entities in the Group (the Group currently exists of five entities based in the Netherlands, Switzerland and the United States of America). Ensuring the financial results are complete, prepared and materially correct;
- Monitor and deliver monthly, quarterly and annually all GL specifications for both, Balance Sheet and P&L at a stand-alone and consolidated level;
- Accurate general ledger accounting, including responsibly for correct project code, cost centre code and general ledger code and the ability to lead the set-up of these;
- Manage and coordinate the intercompany allocation of expenses, and recording of related revenue;
- Reviewing and approval of payment batches;
- Responsible for cash management over the different companies, including designing and implementing a currency strategy for the company;
- Reviewing, implementation and documenting controls (in line with Sox 404) around the accounting and consolidation function;
- Manage and review the Tax declarations, including VAT and CIT in the Netherlands, Switzerland and the United States of America. Ensure compliance with tax laws in each country;
- Together with the financial controller responsible for the preparation of the financial statements of the different entities;
- Together with the financial controller main point of contact for the auditor.
- Lead the ERP implementation for the finance and accounting function;
- Preparation or improvement of Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s) for the finance and accounting function when necessary;
- Coaching and mentoring the financial accountants in the accounting function;
- Responsible for planning and organizing the financial accounting tasks;
- Ability to expand the accounting function for commercial expansion;
- Work collaboratively in business partnering with the wider finance function and other key stakeholders across the organization.
Job Holder Requirements/Key competencies:
- Education: Master’s degree in Accounting & Control, Accountancy, Accounting & Finance Management or similar.
- Required work experience: Min 5 years of experience in (hands-on) leading an accounting team in an international, and public reporting environment. Knowledge of IFRS is required. Experience in life science company and implementing processes/ controls in line with SOx 404 is a plus.
- Language fluency (or knowledge of): High proficiency in English, written and spoken
- Personal skills and other competencies, as needed
- Ability to combine financial preciseness with excellent people & communication skills
- Accuracy, and an eye for details
- Knowledge of IFRS, Dutch, Swiss and US GAAP
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and drive efficiency
- Experience in setting up processes and controls in line with Sox 404
- Eager to implement ERP system
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to oversee the complete accounting records
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to coach and mentor the team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with drive, energy, and vision
- Knowledge of principles and practices of life sciences/healthcare is a pre
- Feels comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to multi-task, manage workload independently and meet tight deadlines
- Outstanding prioritization, problem solving and project management
- Ability to work in culturally diverse organizations is a must
How to apply
This role is based in Leiden, the Netherlands, and reports to the Head of Finance and Principal Accounting Officer. We offer all staff a great working environment, dedicated and driven co-workers, short lines of communications and an attractive compensation package.
SEC/ IFRS Reporting Specialist
Pharvaris is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative therapies for rare diseases with significant unmet need, initially focused on angioedema. The company is based internationally (Switzerland, United Statesand the Netherlands) and growing quickly. As a result of this growth, we are expandingour finance team and looking for a SEC/ IFRS Reporting Specialist in Leiden, the Netherlands.
Key Characteristics of the job (Objectives and Responsibilities)
The SEC/ IFRS Reporting Specialist is part of the finance department, and will report to the Financial Controller, who directly reports to the Head of Finance and Principal Accounting Officer and works closely together with the Head of Accounting, Financial Accountants, FP&A, Payroll Accountant and R&D Financial Operations. The duties of this position include but are not limited to responsibility for external financial reporting, including SEC reporting (under IFRS), reporting of the subsidiaries under local GAAP, accounting policies, position papers, technical accounting and special projects. Additional responsibilities will include accounting, month end closing activities, general ledger account analysis, and reconciliations for assigned areas.
Job Holder Requirements/Key competencies:
How to apply
This role is based in Leiden, the Netherlands, and reports to the Financial Controller. We offer all staff a great working environment, dedicated and driven co-workers, short lines of communications and an attractive compensation package.
Pharvaris, a public and clinical stage company developing bradykinin B2 receptor antagonists for bradykinin-mediated diseases, has an opportunity for a highly motivated Clinical Scientist to join and help drive our clinical research efforts.
This role is based in the US, Boston, MA area or alternatively in Europe, either in Leiden, NL or Zug, CH. Pharvaris supports a work-from-home environment.
- Perform high quality clinical data review and identify clinical data insights through ongoing patient level review and trends analysis, thereby supporting for example Interim Analysis, Database and Post Lock activities and resolution of scientific & medical issues throughout the study lifecycle. For all these tasks, work in close collaboration and alignment with clinical development lead. Ensure all questions / issues requiring medical oversight are brought to the attention of the clinical development lead.
- Work to improve the quality of reviews/ insights with an emphasis on subject safety and eligibility, data integrity, trend identification, analysis and remediation, and identification of cases for medical review.
- Contributes to the Data Review and data review strategy, ensuring that protocol-level deviations, eligibility criteria, study assessments & other aspects of the protocol are implemented consistently across the study (across countries/ sites). This could also include support for Case Report Form (CRF) development, and implementation of data capture tools.
- Contribute to the development of the clinical protocol. Also contribute to the identification, formulation, and implementation of amendments to the clinical protocol, in close collaboration with clinical lead.
- Provide insights to and facilitate data review process improvements, for example by identification of redundant reports, implementation of innovative data analysis processes and tools, and their continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the creation of study-level documents, including preparation of clinical sections of key regulatory documents, such as Investigator’s Brochures, briefing books, safety updates and submission dossiers. Contribute to the review and writing of clinical trial documents for study CSR activities, and publications (if applicable).
- Support pharmacovigilance activities (e.g., review aggregate reports, patient narratives, attendance of pharmacovigilance monitoring meetings)
- Produce training materials, share best practices, and provide training to the broader clinical trial teams.
- Support preparation and (if applicable) participate in study level meetings for example Investigator Meetings, Data Monitoring meetings, and others.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced degree in life sciences/ healthcare (or clinically relevant degree) is required; PharmD, PhD preferred.
- >2 years scientific, strategic, and operational experience in planning, executing, reporting and/ or publishing clinical studies (pharmaceutical industry or academia)
- Good knowledge of procedures in global clinical studies in a pharmaceutical company or contract research organization (CRO), or comparable experience within academic research institution.
- Strong familiarization with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and drug development processes, ideally Phase 2 – 3; ideally paired with experience in HAE/rare diseases
- Knowledge of principles of clinical data collection and reporting; demonstrated ability to use systems and tools (e.g., EDC systems, Excel, etc.) for data collection, analysis, and reporting. Ideally first experiences in how to improve and accelerate processes, systems and tools and drive continuous improvement.
- Experience to work in a matrix, ability to influence without authority
- High flexibility and adaptive working style, ability to work on several tasks at the same time
- Ability to work effectively under high time pressure, while maintaining high quality standards
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks, and implement accordingly
- High proficiency in English (written and spoken)
How to apply?
We offer all staff a great working environment, dedicated and driven co-workers, short lines of communications and an attractive compensation and incentive package.
Senior Manager / Associate Director, Biostatistics
Pharvaris – a clinical-stage company focused on bringing an oral bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist to patients – is seeking a highly motivated Senior Manager / Associate Director of Biostatistics to join the Biometrics organization with dedication to fast-paced ph2-3 programs and ensure impeccable design, execution, and readout of key clinical trials.
This position is within a highly collaborative and international department that strives to achieve high quality and excellent results. This role may be based in the Boston area (MA USA), Zug (Switzerland) or in Leiden, the heart of biotech in The Netherlands and reports to the Head of Biometrics, who is based in the USA. We offer talented staff a great working environment, dedicated and driven co-workers, short lines of communications and an attractive compensation package.
- Serve as biostatistics lead for multiple key clinical studies and ensure all business deliverables pertaining to statistics compliant with GCP standards, ensure high quality and efficiency in analysis outputs (analysis datasets, tables, figures, and listings) and documentations.
- Manage and provide direct oversight for the counterpart at CROs in support of all clinical trials. Provide technical leadership and close governance on statistical activities conducted both inhouse and at the vendor’s side.
- Provide guidance to statistical programming team on SDTM/ADaM and TLFs specs development, data variable definitions and sample code for statistical procedures. Perform quality control checks of analysis datasets creation and statistical analyses.
- Provide input to database requirements and work closely with CDM to ensure data quality standards following regulatory requirements.
- Support CDM, Clinical Operations and Medical Monitors to design and perform in-depth data checks and cleaning during trial conduct through final database lock.
- Contribute to building quality-controlled analyses supporting regulatory queries, publications, regulatory safety reports, and other ad-hoc business deliverables.
- Effectively explain statistical methodology and analysis results to cross-functional teams and support regulatory interactions. Provide exploratory analyses to facilitate and reinforce the collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, ensure effective partnerships across development teams.
- PhD in statistics (or equivalent) with at least 4 years of experience, or MS in statistics (or equivalent) with a minimum of 8 years of experience working in clinical trials or biomedical research.
- Demonstrated excellence in statistical capabilities across multiple areas of pharmaceutical biostatistics, together with good understanding of GCP standards and the drug development process. Preferred with experience working on pivotal clinical trials.
- Broad knowledge of advanced statistical concepts with excellent hands-on skills. Strong technical expertise and programming skills in SAS and standard statistical computing systems.
- Demonstrated strong organization skills with ability to manage multiple projects/studies.
- Strong teamwork skills with result-oriented attitude and can-do mentality.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
Clinical Quality Assurance Director
Pharvaris, a public and clinical stage company developing bradykinin B2 receptor antagonists for bradykinin-mediated diseases, has an opportunity for a highly motivated Clinical Quality Assurance Director to join and help drive bringing solutions to patients
This role is based in Europe, this may be Leiden, NL or Zug, CH or in the Boston region, US. Pharvaris supports its staff to be home based and work virtually.
The CQA Director will lead quality activities and be responsible for establishing and leading the Clinical QA function. This position will oversee the global GCP and Clinical Quality function and represent the company as the key CQA liaison with external vendors and CROs. The incumbent will be responsible for the company’s clinical quality systems and compliance strategies involving clinical trials and global marketing preparations. The Director will also be expected to work with key business partners to assure compliance with GCPs and GLPs in an effective and efficient manner. The incumbent is responsible for evaluating and ensuring compliance of clinical studies with global regulatory agencies.
The Director will provide oversight of Clinical QA systems and ensure compliance with clinical research activities. The candidate must have the ability to develop and implement GCP-related quality systems and training of staff and be able to oversee audit plans and activities so as to conduct effective audits of investigator sites, documents, Trial Master Files, vendors, and internal and external processes.
The CQA Director will be responsible for planning, coordinating, controlling, and continuously improving the internal GCP-QA processes and systems. They will assure quality awareness in conducting clinical studies and convey confidence in clinical knowledge providing a strong understanding of clinical processes. The Director will be expected to routinely interact with external partners to promote collaboration and ensure all systems, processes, and their outcomes are compliant with applicable international standards, regulations and guidelines. The candidate should have the ability to actively leverage audit outcomes and trends to inform improvements in conducting clinical trials and reporting while championing the highest standards of compliance.
- Identify and communicate GCP quality and compliance risks and implement appropriate plans for resolving issues and addressing risks
- Develop and provide training on GCP topics
- Identify Quality processes/system that require implementation or improvements
- Work with the Clinical Operations team to develop and maintain audit programs for clinical sites with appropriate risk assessment and mitigation
- Plan, conduct and report on GCP audits of clinical investigators, vendors, systems as well as key reports and documents to facilitate regulatory inspections
- Prepare and revise GCP SOPs and Work Instructions as well as creation and maintenance of audit tools
- Represent GCP QA on project teams to facilitate audit planning both internally and externally
- Work with cross-functional teams to provide GCP advice and provide guidance on risk- based QA audit options
- Review clinical study documents and check for consistency and appropriate standards and practices
- Bachelor’s degree life science
- 5+ years of direct GCP QA experience with a least 10 years in pharmaceutical/biotech industry, trained and certified GCP auditor.
- Language fluency in English
- Personal skills and other competencies, as needed: goal-oriented, completer/finisher, recognition of inter-cultural differences
- Experience to work in a matrix, ability to influence without authority
- Demonstrated record of team skills: comfortable in an interdisciplinary and international environment and able to communicate effectively and to collaborate in a team
- Comfortable in a small company environment that is fast paced, challenging and where all leaders must take on a hands-on approach to get results
- Ability to multi-task and manage workload independently
Senior Payroll & HR Operations Lead
Pharvaris is a public and clinical stage company developing bradykinin B2 receptor antagonists for bradykinin-mediated diseases. To support our lead program aimed at bringing new, oral options to patients suffering from hereditary angioedema (HAE), we are looking for a highly motivated Senior Payroll & HR Operations Lead to join the HR team and help drive bringing solutions to patients.
If you are an individual who has a natural intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills, the ability to flex easily between operational and tactical work, and the desire to drive process improvement., this could be the role for you!
This role is based in the Netherlands, preferably in Leiden, but we are open to remote Netherlands based employees as well. At Pharvaris, we promote and enable a flexible hybrid work-environment, where our employees choose from where (and to some extent when) they prefer to work.
The Senior Payroll and HR Operations Lead is an individual contributor, key member of the HR team and works across 3 geographies (US, NL, and CH) in support of Pharvaris’ global operations. In this role, you are the face of Operational HR to employees, external partners, and senior management at Pharvaris.
You will continue to build a streamlined onboarding experience for Pharvaris new joiners, provide a first-class payroll & benefits experience to the existing teams, and improve the overall employee experience through new HR Operations initiatives and ideas.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders (Accounting, Financial Reporting, Office Management) and external teams (payroll and benefits partners, equity platform partner).
What you will be responsible for:
- Payroll and Benefits Management
- Ensure an accurate and timely payroll, including but not limited to base pay, equity compensation, payroll taxes, statutory and supplemental benefits, etc.
- Manage relationships with (3) external Payroll providers and benefits providers for the Netherlands, Switzerland, and US.
- Own month-end close, quarter-end and year-end processes for all Pharvaris entities including reviewing/approving journal entries, account reconciliations and accruals
- Ensure all payroll regulatory filings are completed timely and accurately
- Partner closely with Finance and HR Leadership to drive global payroll strategy and streamline processes to ensure consistency, accuracy, and best-in-class services
- As we continue to grow, lead payroll development and implementation process for new countries or entities
- HR Operations
- Lead the design, development, and communication of Pharvaris´ employee handbook(s) – capturing global and local people guidance and principles
- Partner with Office Management to design and implement top notch employee onboarding and orientation process
- Ensure Pharvaris´ recordkeeping and data processing procedures comply with GDPR requirements
- Manage the visa and immigration process where relevant
- Work with employees and managers to manage leave of absence in accordance with local legislation
- Handle employee queries regarding HR procedure, policy, benefits programs
- As we grow, represent HR Operations on the creation of new legal entities
- Participate in and lead ad hoc projects when required
- Continuous improvement
- Champion a strong continuous improvement culture to ensure deployment of scalable, simplified, and standardized processes
- Find opportunities for continuous improvement of administrative processes, procedures and approaches for consistency, accuracy, and compliance
- Proactively prepare relevant management reports, metrics and statistics as needed
- Stay current on regulations, benefits changes, and labor laws impacting the payroll process, and stay compliant for all payroll tax jurisdictions
What you absolutely need to bring to the table to be a credible candidate for this role:
- At minimum a bachelor’s degree in Finance/Tax/Accounting/HR (or equivalent professional experience)
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in managing the end-to-end global payroll process and a high level of understanding of general business operations and internal control concepts
- Hands on knowledge of payroll across Europe – knowledge of US payroll is a plus
- Knowledge & understanding of international equity and mobility programs
- Advanced skills with Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Fluency in English (working language)
Some other elements that will make you set up for success in this role:
- Experience with complex cross-functional payroll projects, integrations, and implementations
- Understanding of timekeeping regulations and processes
- Having a ´can do, roll up my sleeves´ mentality, with an excellent ability to prioritize effectively and ruthlessly to meet multiple tight deadlines
- Taking pride in building a positive employee experience
- Being a confident communicator and team player who can build strong working relationships with external advisors, internal teams, and employees at all levels
- Having a strong feel for numbers and data – strong analytical skills, taking high pride in being accurate and detail-oriented.
- Proactive and excellent ability to initiate and self-start complex projects
- Feeling comfortable handling ambiguity and change
- Being an avid and quick learner, not afraid to ask questions
We offer talented staff a great working environment, dedicated and driven co-workers, short lines of communications and an attractive compensation package. If you are interested to be part of a small, and fun HR team at Pharvaris, please reach out and send your full resume and application letter to us, .
Looking forward to meeting you soon…!